hi ay,

so this is what i did. i flipped the gradient LR intentionally, ran
flip4fsl and then dtifit and now the eigenvec 1 looks good, but not if i
run dtifit prior to flip4fsl.

but this brings me back to my original point which is that my image and the
gradients are (i think) already in proper orientation for fsl tools (since
the preflip output in the previous email looks correct) and flip4fsl is
making it inappropriate for fsl.

also as some additional info:
- yes this is the siemens 60 dir scan but that predefined gradient table
doesn't take into account the slice orientation
- if you use dcm2nii to extract these dicoms, the first two gradients are:

0.996362388134 0.0389195755124 -0.07581084221601
-0.65292024612426  0.00993375014513 -0.75736147165298

this is because dcm2nii, much like DTIPrep takes the image orientation
matrix into account when doing the conversion, which mri_convert doesn't.

so i think tracula should have an option of not flipping 4 fsl in the
scenario where other processes (e.g., my script, dcm2nii) automatically
take care of generating an fsl compatible file + gradient info.

please let me know if i'm misinterpreting something here.

cheers,

satra