Thanks, Doug, for the procedure. I'm just wondering how the ROI sampling is
performed.

May I ask three questions?

(a) when you say sample the ROIs from the fMRI space to the "surface", are you
referring to white or pial surface?

(b) Let's say, the functional activation is halfway inside a certain region and
closer down to the white surface (that is, the gray matter near the pial
surface is not significantly activated, while the gray matter near the white
surface is activated). When the program samples this ROI to a "surface", does
it basically do a maximum intensity projection to the pial surface? that is,
underneath certain pial/cortical surface, there exists a functional activation?

(c) if the activation is partially inside the white matter, how would the
sampling program deal with it? would it just ignore the part within the white
matter?

Thanks,
Daniel

--