Hi Katica

after you move the dicoms you have to run recon-all. Something like:

recon-all \
        -sd  /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects2 \
        -s <subject id that you pick> \
        -i <path to 1 file in the correct dicom series> \
        -all

this will create the directory

  /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects2/<subject id that you pick>

and populate it with the analysis results average 10-14 hours or so

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013,
Boric, Katica A. wrote:

> Hi Bruce!
> So, before my subject folder was in a shared folder with the VM and my PC
(mnt/hgfs/Linux_Share/subjects)
> After the recon with errors (see first emails) I was advised to set the
subject folder (which I understand is where the dicoms are stored, but I
might be mistaken) locally to the same freesurfer home
(usr/local/freesurfer/). So I created a new folder called subjects2
(usr/local/freesurfer/subjects2) and moved a folder with dicoms of one
patien that was in the Shared folder, to this new folder. After that, I
did: setenv SUBJECTS_DIR /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects2