Hi Bruce,

The workflow that I mentioned from the wiki is for creating a new template
in the absence of any ?.sphere.reg files;  here's relevant language from
the webpage:

----------------
"Creating a registration template from scratch (GW)

(This section reports on what I (GW) have learned of the registration
process from Bruce Fischl. and Doug Greve, along with reading the source
code. I have not actually tried it.)
The process of creating a template involves calculating a "mean" (across
subjects) pattern of curvature-related values, along with the variance of
these variables. This task is performed by program
mris_make_template<https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/mris_make_template>.
However, mris_make_template expects the input subjects to be already
aligned (ie: already have ?h.sphere.reg files). This of course will not be
the case if you are about to create a template!"

This is context for my question.

Thanks,
David