Markus,

I have never seen those errors before. But a little googling suggested
perhaps running the program as follows:

~$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose ./tkmedit bert orig.mgz

Im a little at a lose at what else to try because we have freesurfer
installed on pretty much stock Ubuntu platforms and it runs as expected.
Could you also try typing "glxgears" and tell me if a 3D window popups
up displaying turning gears, or perhaps an error message is displayed?

-Zeke