problem with surf2surf is it deals with scalar fields ( data ) so don't think
that will do it.

problem with label2label is that it deals with a single label which has a
diferent structure than anot.

so a way to do it

1. mri_annotation2label ... to convert the yeo anotation file to individual
labels

2. mri_label2label ... to map each label from the fsaverage space to the
individual subject space

3. then the function that takes the labels on the individual subject space and
makes a .annot of
it in indiv. subject space. you will need to supply a colormap table to, don't
remember
the name ( google freesurfer make annotation file, or something like that)

seems like a lot of work but just make a little script and you only need to
figure it out once.

if any problems i could dig in my notes, i did not find one function to map a
.annot in
1one space to a .annot in another.

gref