you'll need to figure it out from the volume itself by loading the seg
with both -seg and -aux. When you find the label you want, click on it
and the aux value in the control window will tell you what the id is

doug

On 04/09/2014 09:41 AM, Corinna Bauer wrote:
> [...]
>>
>>         doug
>>
>>         On 04/08/2014 04:54 PM, Corinna Bauer wrote:
>>         > Hello all,
>>         >
>>         > I am planning to use mris_divide_parcellation to split the
>>         Desikan
>>         > atlas into smaller ROIs, but will need the new ROIs to be
>>         consistent
>>         > between subjects.
>>         >
>>         > Can I achieve this if I register each subject to fsaverage
>>         space and
>>         > then apply the inverse transform to the divided
>>         parcellations (which
>>         > are currently done on the fsaverage brain)?
>>         >
>>         > If so, for extracting each label, what would be used for
>>         the label
>>         > number?
>>         > (i.e. mri_extract_label ${subj_dir}/mri/aparc+aseg.mgz *2035*
>>         > ${subj_dir}/hardi_labels/ctx-rh-insula.nii)
>>         >
>>         >
>>         > Thanks
>>         >
>>         > Corinna
>>         >
>>         >
>>         > Freesurfer mailing list
>>         > Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>>         <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>>
>>         --
>>         Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
>>         MGH-NMR Center
>>         gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <mailto:gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>>         Phone Number: 617-724-2358 <tel:617-724-2358>
>>         Fax: 617-726-7422 <tel:617-726-7422>
>>
>>         Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
>>         <http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting>
>>         FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2
>>         www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html
>>         <http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html>
>>         Outgoing:
>>         ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/

>>         The information in this e-mail is intended only for the
>>         person to whom it is
>>         addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in
>>         error and the e-mail
>>         contains patient information, please contact the Partners
>>         Compliance HelpLine at
>>         http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was
>>         sent to you in error
>>         but does not contain patient information, please contact the
>>         sender and properly
>>         dispose of the e-mail.

>     The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to
>     whom it is
>     addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and
>     the e-mail
>     contains patient information, please contact the Partners
>     Compliance HelpLine at
>     http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to
>     you in error
>     but does not contain patient information, please contact the

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Phone Number: 617-724-2358