Hi Jelmer

the scan looks quite nice to me. Have you run it through recon-all? That is the best way to get an idea of how well it will work.

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014, Kok, JG (neuro) wrote:

Dear Freesurfer experts,

I uploaded a .nii.gz file (which can be downloaded from
'http://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2/?p=7pbsgklemux'). I hope you
would be willing to comment on the quality of this scan for use with Freesurfer
(you can find some parameters below; the scan
was acquired on a 3T Philips scanner). Running it through recon-all seems to
give nice results, but then again, I am in a phase
of running pilots before the start of a new study, and I do not have much
experience with Freesurfer results yet.

coil: 32 channel
Sequence: T1w_TFE_3D
TFE factor: 256
Acquisition time: 10:14
FoV FH256xAP256xRL160 mm
160 sagittal slices
fold-over direction AP
fat shift direction F
scan mode 3D

acquisition matrix 256 x 256
acquisition voxel size 1.00/1.00/1.00
reconstructed voxel size 1.00/1.00/1.00
TR shortest (=7.6ms)
TE shortest (=3.5ms)
RF: flip angle 8 degrees
Acceleration: no SENSE
inversion-prepared, inversion delay time: shortest

Cheers,

Jelmer Kok

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
De inhoud van dit bericht is vertrouwelijk en alleen bestemd voor de
geadresseerde(n). Anderen dan de geadresseerde(n) mogen
geen gebruik maken van dit bericht, het niet openbaar maken of op enige wijze
verspreiden of vermenigvuldigen. Het UMCG kan niet
aansprakelijk gesteld worden voor een incomplete aankomst of vertraging van dit
verzonden bericht.

The contents of this message are confidential and only intended for the eyes of
the addressee(s). Others than the addressee(s)
are not allowed to use this message, to make it public or to distribute or
multiply this message in any way. The UMCG cannot be
held responsible for incomplete reception or delay of this transferred message.