Hi FS community,

I had some questions regarding the mri_segstats command:

1) In the excludeid flag, are the ids the ones shown in the
FreeSurferColorLUT.txt?
2) In case I would like to measure the mean intensity of the orig file as
outlined in the second example in
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/mri_segstats:

mri_segstats --seg $SUBJECTS_DIR/bert/mri/aseg
    --ctab $FREESURFER_HOME/FreeSurferColorLUT.txt
    --nonempty --excludeid 0 --sum bert.aseg.sum
    --in $SUBJECTS_DIR/bert/mri/orig

is the --seg flag necessary in order to calculate only the mean intensity
within the skull, or does it serve another purpose?

Thanks in advance,
Panos