On 5/5/14 10:41 PM, Caka wrote:
> Hi Douglas and all,
>
> I have used the ‘recon-all’ command to segment the gray matter of 140
> subjects. I have three questions:
>
> (1) as the segmentation is done in the individual space, how can I register
> the results into the template brain? The results includes the surface and the
> vertex. Is it ‘mri_surf2surf’?
mri_surf2surf is used when mapping surface data to the surface of an
average subject such as fsaverage. Is that what you want?

> (2) If the gray matter is registered into the template brain, then same
> number of vertex in every region would be obtained. Then what information
> does the value of each vertex stands? Is it the cortical thickness  changes?
I don't understand what you mean.

> (3) We know that Freesurfer provides two kinds of brain region labeling, 68
> regions and 77 regions in the cerebral cortex respectively. I am wondering
> whether I can use my own labeling, like 1000 regions? How can I do this?
Do you mean you've labeled 1000 regions on a brain? You would have to do
that for a number of subjects (eg, 40), you can then build an atlas. The
problem is that such small regions will not be very reliable
doug