Venkat,

Your system appears to be 32bit distribution, as indicated by 'i686' in
your output string, but the freesurfer you installed is 64b, indicated
by 'x86_64' in our filename.  So you will need the 32b dist:

freesurfer-Linux-centos4-stable-pub-v5.3.0.tar.gz

Also, v5.0.0 is pretty old, I'd recommend v5.3.0.

Nick