From: Salil Soman <salso...@stanford.edu>
Date:07/01/2014  9:40 PM  (GMT+01:00)
To: free surfer <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: [Freesurfer] longitudinal QDEC question

Hi,

I have been following the steps for longitudinal processing from here
(https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/LongitudinalTwoStageModel), and was
hoping for some advice on how to setup the GLM.

I have a set of data where I have 2 time points for all subjects, have run
recon-all, qcache, the base and cross steps of processing. I also ran the long
mri_slopes step, created my long.qdec table, then created the simplified table
for qdec.

I would like to perform a whole brain analysis where I identify any brain
regions that changed (volume or cortical thickness) from time point 1 and time
point 2. I am a little unclear on what the explanatory variable should be
performing this analysis. Any suggestions on how best to structure the analysis
would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Salil Soman, MD, MS