It probably thinks the STL file is just a mesh without coloring.

Peace,

Matt.

From:  Mat yuki <matsuyuki2...@outlook.jp>
Date:  Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 7:19 AM
To:  "freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject:  [Freesurfer] Convert label file to STL file‏

Dear Freesurfer Experts,

I'm trying to convert .label file to .stl file.
In more detail of my purpose, I want to get separate stl files of whole
brain.
Now, I want to make stl files of label files which made from
?h.aparc.a2009s.annot.

First, I tried to convert lh.pial to lh.pial.stl, I've got it (this was just
check how mris_convert works).
Second, I copied lh. white file from surf dir into label dir. Then, I runed
next command:

cd <subjid>/label
mris_convert --label lh.bankssts.label bankssts lh.white
lh.bankssts.label.stl

And got the error message: ERROR: unknown file annot file type specified for
output: lh.bankssts.label.stl

Do you know what could have gone wrong?

Thank you,
Yuki.
in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If
you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains
patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender
and properly dispose of the e-mail.