Dear Bruce,
My questions is just to learn and to improve my understanding.
The commands recon-all and dt-recon are routinely generating the statistics  at
the end of there running and we can check the results in aseg.stats  (the
output of recon-all) and fa.stats (the output of dt-recon for FA).
In those files we have the white matter volume for many different parts of the
brain like the right and left cerebral white matter.
If we check the volumes in those files we can see that we have differences
between the numbers and I can explain that by the following: in aseg.stats the
white matter volume is derived from the T1 segmentation in the structural space
and in fa.stats the white matter volume is derived from the FA map in diffusion
space and the difference between the volumes is the difference between the
accuracy of the images in different spaces.
Now:
1. If we want to study the relationship between the FA and the right
hemispheric white matter volume for example, we should not care about the
volumes in fa.stasts  because it is not accurate?! in this case what is the
optimal and correct method in freeSurfer to do such like this comparison, is it
by moving the FA map to the structural space by registering the FA map to T1
or by using the volumes in aseg.stats and the metrics values from fa.stats? or
we can use the fa values and the volumes from fa.stats?
2.What is the exact usage for the volumes mentioned in FA.stats
3. What is the meaning and the exact usage of min-max intensity range
(intensity of what) in aseg.stats and fa.stats

So Sorry for this long email but as always I am looking forward to learn from
you
Thanks

Mohamad