Hi Rick, in the future please post to the list and not to us personally.
Thanks! When you did the volume-based analysis, it should have masked
out anything anything that was not subcortical. Did it not? If not, then
when you run mri_glmfit you can add --mask
$SUBJECTS_DIR/fsaverage/mri.2mm/brainmask.mgz and that should do the trick.

doug

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center