Hi Freesurfers,

I've performed recon-all -all on a subject and found that some of the cortex is
missing.  I ran "recon-all -skullstrip -wsthresh 30 -clean-bm -no-wsgcaatlas -s
sub296.fs" and the cortex appeared, so I added control points in hopes of FS
recognizing the cortex, but I got the following error (below) while running
"recon-all -autorecon2-cp -s subid"

"Excessive topologic defect encountered: could not allocate -987911245 edges
for retessellation
Cannot allocate memory"

I looked at the surface by typing "tkmedit subjid filled.mgz rh.orig.nofix
-aux-surface lh.orig.nofix" and the surface is a complete mess (SEE ATTACHED).

Do you have any suggestions on how I can salvage this participant?

You're expertise would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Jessica