Hello,

Unfortunately Xquartz version 2.7.7 will not work with the version of
OSX that you are running.

You will either need to downgrade to version 2.7.5 (via the link I
provided below). Or you will need to update to the most reason version
of OSX.

Installing XQuartz 2.7.5 is by far the easier option.

-Zeke