On 08/10/2015 10:06 PM, A-reum Min wrote:
> HI expert !
>
> My name is Areum. I have some question to you.
>
> 1. Does FreeSurfer offer a effect size? if that offer, how can i use
> effect size?

If you're doing a group analysis, you can compute
fscalc glmdir/contrast/gamma.mgh div glmdir/rstd.mgh -o
glmdir/contrast/effectsize.mgh

> 2. I was wondering about the stats.dat file in stats_table (in Qdec
> folder).
>
> Stats.dat file’s value mean that each area’s average (include whole
> vertex) or each
>
> area’s average (only significant vertex)?

what stats.dat? if subject/stats/lh.aparc.stats, then the area is the
total area for the ROI

> 3. Can I get whole vertex value or significant vertex value? Because,
> I want to
>
> compare two groups correlation using SPSS. In addition, I want to compare
>
> thickness, volume and surface area correlation within the one group
> using SPSS.

You can extract a given vertex with
mri_segstats --i y.mgh --crs vertexno 0 0 --avgwf vertexno.dat
vertexno.dat will be a text file with number of rows equalt to thge
number of subjects where the value is the data from the given (0-based)
vertex no. y.mgh is the input to mri_glmfit

> 4. I currently use the default cluster size(significant area threshold
> is 0mm^2). So, I
>
> want to control cluster size larger than default cluster size. How can
> I control the
>
> cluster size?

I don't know what you mean.

> 5. In FreeSurfer manual, GLM and Qdec have a same results. But when I
> use the
>
> both(GLM, Qdec) group analysis program results are not same. What is
> differences
>
> between two analysis program? How can I get same result while GLM and
> Qdec?

No way to know unless you tell us the specifics of what you did

> 6. How can I get surface area and volume using GLM(group analysis
> program)?

surface area and volume are outputs of recon-all, not glm

> [...]
>             <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>             >         <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>             <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>>
>             >
>             >
>             >         The information in this e-mail is intended only
>             for the
>             >         person to whom it is
>             >         addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent
>             to you in
>             >         error and the e-mail
>             >         contains patient information, please contact the
>             Partners
>             >         Compliance HelpLine at
>             >http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was
>             >         sent to you in error
>             >         but does not contain patient information, please
>             contact
>             >         the sender and properly
>             >         dispose of the e-mail.
>             >
>             >
>             >
>             >
>             >
>             >
>             >  _______________________________________________
>             >     Freesurfer mailing list
>             > Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>             <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>             <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>             <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>>
>             >
>             >
>             >     The information in this e-mail is intended only for
>             the person to
>             >     whom it is
>             >     addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to
>             you in error and
>             >     the e-mail
>             >     contains patient information, please contact the
>             Partners Compliance
>             >     HelpLine at
>             >http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was
>             sent to
>             >     you in error
>             >     but does not contain patient information, please
>             contact the sender
>             >     and properly
>             >     dispose of the e-mail.
>             >
>             >
>             >
>             >
>             > _______________________________________________
>             > Freesurfer mailing list
>             > Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>             <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>             >
>             >
>             > The information in this e-mail is intended only for the
>             person to whom it is
>             > addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in
>             error and the e-mail
>             > contains patient information, please contact the
>             Partners Compliance HelpLine at
>             >http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was
>             sent to you in error
>             > but does not contain patient information, please contact

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Phone Number: 617-724-2358