Hello,

You say the .license file is in your "applications folder" but it's
supposed to be located in your "/Applications/freesurfer" folder.

If "/Applications/freesurfer/.license" does exist on your machine, than
please make absolutely sure it exactly matches the email sent to you
after you registered.

Lastly, if neither of the above cases solves the problem, please send me
your .license file *TO MY DIRECT EMAIL ADDRESS* (not the freesurfer
list!) so I may examine it. Thanks.

-Zeke