Hi Amanda - These are probability distributions, so this has to do with how you threshold them. When you use the -tv option in freeview to open the merged file with all tracts, each of them is thresholded at 20% of its maximum. When you open one of them as a plain volume, freeview doesn't do that thresholding.

Best,
a.y