Hi Clara,

long_mris_slopes is for the 2 stage approach. It computes a linear fit
(within each subject) across time (using the base space), then it maps
the results to the template (fsaverage) and applies smoothing. It can
compute rate (slope of linear fit) or some percent change measures, also
the average across time.

mris_preproc is a tool to stack and map data to the global template
(fsaverage) and apply smoothing etc. It does not perform any fitting.

Best, Martin

--
Martin Reuter, PhD
Assistant Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School