Hi Nasia - They both have preprocessing steps because recon-all runs on the T1 and trac-all runs on the DWIs, so they preprocess different images.

You cannot skip any of the steps in recon-all and still get a segmentation. The point of the autorecon schemes is mostly to repeat only one part of the processing if you change something in between, not to skip part of the processing entirely.

Best,

a.y