Dear Experts,

I tried to extract vertex coordinates information from
'fsaverage/surf/lh.pial' file using matlab function 'read_surf', but I found
that the coordinates returned by the function are different from what I saw
in tksurfer, here are the screenshots:

The vertex index starts from 0 in tksurfer, so I select the second elements
in matlab. Why is the result different from what has been shown in
tksurfer(also different in freeview)? Which one should I report?

Is there any way to transform the surface coordinates to the MNI152 space?

Thank you very much!

Dong