Hi Zhengchen

I don't think there is a general answer to your question as it depends on
how noisy the input image is, what denoising algorithm you use and what
outcome measures you care about. For example, it might improve
putamen/pallidum but worsen thickness measures in low contrast regions
such as motor cortex.