From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] on behalf of Bruce Fischl
[fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2016 4:13 PM
To: Freesurfer support list
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] mris_divide_parcellation

Hi Fahimeh

you can also give mris_divide_parcellation a "splitfile" :

rst, a splitfile can be specified as the fourth argument. The
splitfile is a text file with two columns. The first column is the
name of the label in the source annotation, and the second column is
the number of units that label should be divided into. The names of
the labels depends upon the source parcellation.  For aparc.annot and
aparc.a2005.annot, the names can be found in
$FREESURFER_HOME/FreeSurferColorLUT.txt.  For aparc.annot, the labels
are between the ranges of 1000-1034.  For aparc.a2005s.annot, the
labels are between the ranges of 1100-1181.  The name for the label is
the name of the segmentation without the 'ctx-lh'. Note that the name
included in the splitfile does not indicate the hemisphere. For
example, 1023 is 'ctx-lh-posteriorcingulate'.  You should put
'posteriorcingulate' in the splitfile. Eg, to divide it into three
segments, the following line should appear in the splitfile:

posteriorcingulate 3

Only labels that should be split need be specified in the splitfile.

On
Thu,
6
Oct