Hey Doug,

Sorry for keep bothering, today I was trying to do what you told me yesterday,
but some doubts arose. I ran QDEC using DODS to see if there were any
interactions (significant regions) between age (age variable was not demeaned)
and group. I didn’t found anything, no significant regions survived monte
carlo. If that came to happen, you suggested me to use DOSS instead, but…
because of the characteristics of the disease I’m studying, the slopes
shouldn’t be similar between patients and controls. My questions are:

1) Can I proceed using DOSS anyway?

2) What if DOSS give me some clusters after running monte carlo? Which is the
case since I’ve already ran mri_glmfit and obtained three clusters. What should
I do now? Should I re-run DODS with age-variable demeaned?

3) Since most of my subjects are women (around 80%) and my sample is small (18
patients, 18 controls), does it have an advantage to remove the males to be
able to get rid of the gender variable that I’m also regressing out? In order
to have just two classes (patient and control) instead of four (malecontrol,
malepatient,….) , or it is better to continue as I’ve been doing, controlling
for the effect of gender.

Thanks for your help!

Rodrigo