Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 at 4:03 PM
From: "Bruce Fischl" <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
To: "Freesurfer support list" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] bbregister
Hi John

one of the many nice things about bbregister is that it is quite
resistant to non-brain tissue, since it's just trying to place the
gray/white (and optionally the pial surface) at a reasonable spot in the
volume. I guess it might make the initialization less robust, not sure, but
I expect it works pretty well without doing brain extraction