You could try with the HCP Pipelines and see if that helps:

https://github.com/Washington-University/Pipelines

Peace,

Matt.

From:  <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Petr Bednarik
<bedna...@umn.edu>
Date:  Monday, February 20, 2017 at 12:26 PM
To:  <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject:  [Freesurfer] issues with -T2pial option in v.5.3

Hi everyone,

I am using Freesurfer version 5.3. I tried to refine the pial surfaces by
using  -T2pial option:

recon-all -subjid $SUBJ -T2/SUBJECT_DIR/$SUBJ/mri/orig/T2raw.mgz -T2pial
-autorecon3

This step was helpful - e.g. it removed nicely residuals of venous sinuses,
but in some subjects it also removed part of the parietal or frontal cortex,
while the white matter is appropriately segmented.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gzsvrg85xsfdkn/surfaces_over_brainmask.mgz.png?dl
=0

The T2-space images had the same resolution as T1-MPRAGE (1x1x1mm) and were
acquired in the same session (3T Siemens Trio, standard 32 channel coil).
The problem does not seem to be caused by T2 misregistration :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7gdpxom0cqgj1u/surfaces_over_T2.mgz.png?dl=0

Question : What could cause this error and how could I extend pial surfaces
and get correct final segmentation ?

Thanks a lot !

PB

in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If
you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains
patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender
and properly dispose of the e-mail.