HI Daan

wow, that is a pretty unusual folding pattern, which I'm sure is the source of the issue. Are you sure which one is the central sulcus? If so, draw it (I guess using tksurfer as the current version of freeview doesn't have extensive surface drawing tools yet), probably by just "custom filling" the sulc, then rerun mris_register using the flag:

 mris_register --help | grep "-L"
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try 'grep --help' for more information.
tiamat [C2.3T.recon] mris_register --help | grep "\-L"
        -L <labelfile atlas_gcsa_file label_name>

where label_name is the exact name of the central sulcus label in the gcsa file you use, and can be obtained by looking in our color lookup table file such as FreeSurferColorLUT.txt, or just running mris_info on the gcsa file you are using (they are all in $FREESURFER_HOME/average).