Hi Doug,

Why Qdec offer "volume, area, thickness ,...etc " in the drop down menu
"measures"?
In this menu there are many measures and I understand that I can run surface
based analysis depending on the choice of this drop down menu. Is this Correct?
Please see attached. Thank you for any clarification

I'm not sure I follow. If I understand, you are finding sig diff in PCG volume
when you extract it the volume value for each subject (scaled by

etiv) and process in SPSS. The part I don't understand is what you are doing
with QDEC. I don't think QDEC can be used to test ROI volume.

On 05/09/2017 05:58 PM, John Anderson wrote:

> Dear Dr Doug,

> I have two groups of subjects (80 patients and 40 controls). I

> analyzed the data using Freesurfer v6.0.

> I want to study the difference between the groups in "precentral gyrus

> volume". After "recon-all" I built Qdec table and I used Qdec to

> compute the comparison by including eTIV a covariate. After correcting

> the results using Monte Carlo simulation or adjusting for FDR I found

> no difference between the groups in volume neither in surface area.

> I adjusted the precentral gyrus volume values for eTIV using the commands:

> mri_label_volume -eTIV $SUBJECTS_DIR/${i}/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm

> 1948 $SUBJECTS_DIR/${i}/mri/wmparc.mgz 2017 mri_label_volume -eTIV

> $SUBJECTS_DIR/${i}/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm

> 1948 $SUBJECTS_DIR/${i}/mri/wmparc.mgz 2024

> I extracted the adjusted volume values to SPSS then I ran box plots

> comparison between the groups and I found difference at (P<0.0001) Why

> Qdec doesn't show the difference between the groups although the p

> value is very small. What I am doing wrong in Qdec? Is it wrong to

> include eTIV a covariate?

> Thank you for any advice

> John

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.