Hi gAbE

you could try using mris_fill, or even mris_compute_volume_fractions

On Mon, 15 May 2017, Gamaliz wrote:

My idea is to convert the registered white surface into a volume, so it can be shown in a volume viewer (not a surface viewer). I need to display a DTI image and mark the edges of the white matter as a line on top if it. This is not the exact command, I am not sitting in front of my station, but it goes something like it. I tried many combinations, the general error was related to the template files not on the correct format (it could have been they couldn't be found to be opened too, the error seemed generic).
mri_surf2vol --surfval white --hemi lh --outvol test.mgz  --template T1.mgz
--volreg T1.mgz --sd /home/user/Desktop/sf/sub1 I am at a loss for the --volreg flag.
The sd seems to indicate the directory of freesurfer (but then how is the co
mmand aware of the specficic subject I am trying to process? I tried using: --identity subject no luck. 'sub1' us my subject, located not in the default freesurfer directory. There are no examples or a lot of help using it
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/mri_surf2vol

If this is not enough I can get back to you with the specific error tomorrow
. On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:02 PM, Douglas Greve
<gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
wrote:

      what was your mri_surf2vol cmd line? And what was the terminal
      output?