Dear Freesurfer Experts,

My apologies for what is admittedly a very simple question, however I have not
been able to find an answer on the forum.

We are running some analyses in an older version of Freesurfer (5.0) to compare
the results to some earlier work. When I run asegstats2table for all of my
subjects, the header is {lh/rh}CorticalWhiteMatterVol.  However, when I
visualize the aseg.mgz file using freeview (from Freesurfer 6.0) the right and
left hemispheric cerebral white matter are labeled
{Right/Left}-Cerebral-White-Matter.

I am familiar with the morphemetry stats page of the wiki (for versions 5.2 and
higher) and two prior postings discussing this question, though the latter
posting suggests for earlier Freesurfer versions these terms may refer to
different measures. However, I'm afraid that I am still a bit unclear as to
whether there is a difference.

(see :
https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail//freesurfer/2014-March/036949.html &
https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail//freesurfer/2011-May/018494.html )

Are these terms the same or are they calculated differently (perhaps
{lr/rh}CorticalWhiteMatterVol = {Right/Left}-Cerebral-White-Matter + any white
matter hypointensities)?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best wishes,
Kevin

Kevin F. Dowling
Clinical Research Coordinator