I don't know how you (or someone else) generated the nifti files in the
first place, so I can't help there. If you did not generate them, then
talk to the person who did. I do not really recommend trying to do it by
hand. You can get AP and SI correctly, but you'll never know whether
they are LR reversed or not

On 09/11/2017 04:12 PM, Ariana Vajdi wrote:
> [...]
>     > problem with the talairach registration. I've encountered this error
>     > before here and there, but I've been receiving the same error for
>     > every scan that I've been trying to run, and I'm not sure why. It's
>     > also the first time I've used NIFTI files as the input - not sure if
>     > that's a contributing factor. I've also tried the -use-mritotal flag
>     > without any luck.
>     >
>     > These are the errors I receive:
>     >
>     >     WARNING: neither NIfTI-1 qform or sform are valid
>     >
>     >     WARNING: your volume will probably be incorrectly oriented
>     >
>     >
>     >     ERROR: talairach_afd: Talairach Transform:
>     >     transforms/talairach.xfm ***FAILED*** (p=0.0000, pval=0.0000 <
>     >     threshold=0.0050)
>     >
>     >     Manual Talairach alignment may be necessary, or
>     >
>     >     include the -notal-check flag to skip this test,
>     >
>     >     making sure the -notal-check flag follows -all
>     >
>     >     or -autorecon1 in the command string.
>     >
>     >
>     > I would appreciate your help. Thank you!
>     >
>     > Warmly,
>     > Ariana
>     >
>     >
>     > Freesurfer mailing list
>     > Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>     <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>
>     --
>     Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
>     MGH-NMR Center
>     gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <mailto:gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>     Phone Number: 617-724-2358 <tel:617-724-2358>
>     Fax: 617-726-7422 <tel:617-726-7422>
>
>     Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
>     <http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting>
>     FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2
>     <https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2>
>     www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html
>     <http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html>
>     Outgoing:
>     ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/
>     <ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/>

>     The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to
>     whom it is
>     addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and
>     the e-mail
>     contains patient information, please contact the Partners
>     Compliance HelpLine at
>     http://www.partners.org/complianceline
>     <http://www.partners.org/complianceline> . If the e-mail was sent
>     to you in error
>     but does not contain patient information, please contact the

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Phone Number: 617-724-2358