---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: miracle ozzoude <miracoo...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] cortical/subcortical volume based analysis
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for the response. I was able to look into CVS command and I wrote
a command on how to register each subjects to cvs_avg35_inMNI152 template
using the following: mri_cvs_register --mov subID --mni
/Application/freesurfer/subjects/cvs_avg35_inMNI152/T1.mgz --step1 --step2
--step3 --outdir  $SUBJECTS_DIR/$subID/cvs  --asegfname aparc+aseg --openmp
8. Do i need to use the T1 in the mri folder or mri.2mm folder when
performing mri_cvs_register?

My next goals are to:
1) sample the volumes created using mri_cvs_register to the
cvs_avg35_inMNI152 template using mri_vol2vol -reg .
    -which of the outputs from mri_cvs_register should i use to achieve?
final_CVSmorphed_toTEMPLATE_norm.mgz,final_CVSmorph_toTEMPLATE.m3z, or
final_CVSmorphed_toTEMPLATE_aseg.mgz

2)Use a cortical+subcortical mask from cvs_avg35_inMNI152 to smooth the
output from mri_vol2vol.
      - How can I create the cortical mask from the
cvs_avg35_inMNI152/mri.2mm folder? This is because the folder already has a
subcortical mask and I want to create a cortical mask, combine both (using
mri_merge) and use it to smooth with 8mm.

3) Lastly, use mri_concat to combine the smoothened maps in order to
perform group level analysis on them.
      - when performing mri_glmfit on the combined maps, i don't need to
specify the --surf fsaverage and lh/rh flags because it is a volume based
analysis and it was done on MNI template not fsaverage?

Thank you very much

Best,
Paul