<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&q=from:%22Douglas+N+Greve%22>

Thank you for the insight; that is very interesting. I'm performing tests of
continuous independent variables over a single sample of normally developing
children (ages uniformly distributed from 8 to 15 along with 50/50 gender
split). The IV is, for example, age-normed cognitive scores falling in a normal
distribution. Since there is only one group, I suppose creating my own template
from all samples could introduce significant bias; especially if there are
hidden sources of heterogeneity I'm unaware of.

Thank you.

Best,
Chintan