Hi Yi

autorecon1 should do the skull stripping, so there is no need for the separate mri_mask call. The threshold of '5' is so to preserve edits in which voxels are turned 'off' (they are set to 1 I believe, but we reserve 2-4 as additional 'off' values).

The masking will not transform the voxel coordinates of the image