Hi Victor

the sphere files are lh.sphere and rh.sphere in the surf dir. You could
write out the metric tensor (or first fundamental form) of the mapping to
compute Euclidean distances from spherical coordinates, or probably just
use the 3D euclidean distances on the sphere as the sampling is dense
enough that it won't make much difference unless you have pretty large
kernels.