From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Z K
<zkauf...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 1:23:04 PM
To: Freesurfer support list
Subject: [Freesurfer] A note about the Freesurfer license file

Hello All,

Users on newer linux distributions who upgrade from Freesurfer version
5.3 to version 6.0 may get the following error message:

GNU libc version: 2.17
ERROR: Systems running GNU glibc version greater than 2.15
   require a newly formatted license file (it's free). Please
   download a new one from the following page:
   http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/registration.html

This is a known issue, and as the message says, it is resolved by
downloading a newly formatted license file from our registration page:

   http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/registration.html

Simply overwrite the old license file with the newly formatted one.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

-The Freesurfer team