From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Iglesias Gonzalez,
Eugenio <e.igles...@ucl.ac.uk>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 11:02:00 AM
To: Freesurfer support list
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] using T2 for hippo subfields

Hi Jim,

In the end it’s an empirical question, but my gut feeling is that the T1 with
hi-res flag will be best.

Cheers,

/E

--

Juan Eugenio Iglesias

ERC Senior Research Fellow

Translational Imaging Group

University College London

http://www.jeiglesias.com

http://cmictig.cs.ucl.ac.uk/

From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of "Alexopoulos,
Dimitrios" <dimitriosalexopou...@wustl.edu>
Date: Friday, 23 March 2018 at 16:00
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: [Freesurfer] using T2 for hippo subfields

Hi. We are acquiring sequences on a pediatric cohort that include a T1-mprage
(0.8mm isotropic) and a T2-space (1mm isotropic), and I’d like to run the
hippocampal subfields module on the subjects using FS 6.0.

Is it recommended/useful to run the multispectral segmentation mode with the
additional lower resolution T2 sequence?

I read that you really only benefit if the T2 is of similar or better
resolution than the T1.

If that’s the case, would it be best to just run with the single T1 but with
the hi-res flag in the recon-all command?

Thanks.

Jim