Hi all,

I’m wondering whether there’s a way to create a custom color map in Freeview
that would operate as a alternative to the preset Greyscale, Heatmap, NIH, PET,
Jet and GE Color options.

Ideally, I could assign each number value a given color, e.g. every “0” value
in an .nii file is black, every “1” value is red, every “2” value is blue,
every “3" is green and so on. I already have the RGB values worked out for each
number value; I just need to know how to format this information and where to
put it so that I can my custom colormap as an option in Freeview.

For my purposes, there would be no need to adjust the assigned colors based on
the overall range of values. For instance, there would be no need to assign a
different color value to a “1” value depending on whether the highest value in
the overall .nii file is 1 or 100.

I did try reading the related conversation
here<https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail//freesurfer/2017-April/051277.html>
 but I can’t seem to find the file it references, annotval2surfoverlay.m, in
the Freesurfer directory.

Thanks very much for your help!
Anna