you can try dividing it. Run this on subjects for whom you do have area and see how well it does

On 4/20/18 8:15 AM, Zohar Berman wrote:

Dear Douglas,

Thank you for your quick answer!
The thing is, we don't have access to the original surface area files which were created by FreeSurfer anymore. Thus, we were wondering if we can calculate a region's surface area if we have its volume & cortical thickness values. Is that possible?

Thank you very much!
Zoi

On 20 April 2018 at 00:04, Douglas N. Greve <dgr...@mgh.harvard.edu <mailto:dgr...@mgh.harvard.edu>> wrote:

    We output surface area separately both as a map and as statistics

    On 04/19/2018 04:47 PM, Zohar Berman wrote:
    > Dear FreeSurfer experts,
    >
    > Can one use the volume and cortical thickness of a region to
    calculate
    > the surface area of this region?
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance!
    > Best,
    > Zoi

    The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to
    whom it is
    addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and
    the e-mail
    contains patient information, please contact the Partners
    Compliance HelpLine at
    http://www.partners.org/complianceline
    <http://www.partners.org/complianceline> . If the e-mail was sent
    to you in error
    but does not contain patient information, please contact the
    sender and properly