External Email - Use Caution

Dear FreeSurfer users,

It is my pleasure to announce that our new tool to segment the thalamic nuclei
from structural MR scans is available in the development version of FreeSurfer.
The tool relies on an atlas derived from manual annotations made on
histological sections. The module can analyze the main FreeSurfer T1 scan, but
also supports MR images with contrasts other than T1 – as long as the
corresponding T1 has been processed with recon-all. If you’ve got images
processed with an earlier version of FreeSurfer, you don’t need to process them
again with the development version; you can directly run the new module on your
existing processed subjects.

You can find the documentation, including a link to a preprint of the paper, in
the wiki:
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/ThalamicNuclei

As with any other FreeSurfer tool (particularly those that have been recently
released), we appreciate any feedback that you might have.

Kind regards,

/Eugenio

--
Juan Eugenio Iglesias