Hi James,

I would not run upsampled data through the highres pipeline. (not even sure I
would run highres data through that).

So you should sample to 1mm resolution. To be fair you should also resample the
1mm image to a new position (to also introduce interpolation artefacts there).
You could use my make_upright script for that, which uses mri_robust_register
to map the image to an upright and straight head position.

Best, Martin