answwers below

On 09/27/2018 05:44 AM, 伊藤匠吾 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to FreeSurfer.
>
> I conducted an experiment with event-related design.
> There were eight non-fixation conditions. In every trial, a simple
> stimulus was presented for about 1.5 sec, and the subject made a
> button press.
>
> I did the following analyses:
>
> preproc-sess -df sessdirfile -s YY03 -per-run -fwhm 5 -sliceorder
> siemens -surface fsaverage lhrh -mni305  -fsd bold
>
> mkanalysis-sess -a YY.sm5.lh -surface fsaverage lh -TR 2 -p OWN.par
> -event-related -fsd bold -per-run -fwhm 5 -nconditions 8 -mcextreg
> -fir 4 24  -polyfit 2 -force
>
> mkcontrast-sess -analysis YY.sm5.lh -contrast all_null -a 1 -a 2 -a 3
> -a 4 -a 5 -a 6 -a 7 -a 8 -c 0 -rmprestim
>
> selxavg3-sess -df sessdirfile -sf sessid -analysis YY.sm5.lh
>
> then, I checked the data with tksurfer-sess (tksurfer-sess -df
> sessdirfile -s YY03 -analysis YY.sm5.lh -contrast all_null).
> When clicked Overlay/Configure, I see Frame (0-8). Frame #1 shows
> clear task-related activations (visual, auditory, motor areas).
> Because I used -fir 4 24, I think I should have 12 time points, not 9.
> I am currently using version 6, but I also checked the data with
> version 5, confirmed the same outcome.
> raw plots by tksurfer-sess (version 5) showed hemodynamic responses
> for -4 sec to 20 sec. So the data seem to have correct length.
>
> Then, I created several contrasts with -setwdelay for all_null
> weigting different time points like this
> w1_all_null : 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
> w3_all_null : 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
> w5_all_null : 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
> w7_all_null : 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
>
> with the following command, I see 4 frames, which probably correspond
> to each contrast.
> tksurfer-sess -df sessdirfile -s YY03 -analysis YY.sm5.lh -contrast
> w1_all_null -contrast w3_all_null -contrast w5_all_null -contrast
> w7_all_null
>
> However, when changing "frame" gives exactly the same image.
>
> (1) why did I get Frame (0-8) for my data that should have 12 frames?
When you use -rmprestim, it subtracts the mean of the prestim baseline
AND removes the prestim time points (-4 -2 and 0) so you only end up
with 9 frames.
> (2) how can I visualize contrasts created with -setwdelay?
Your visualization command is correct. I don't understand why you are
seeing the same image for each frame. Can you load them separately and
see if they are different?