External Email - Use Caution

We had the same problem. This is related to a "security" feature Apple
introduced some years ago, called "System Integrity Protection".

Turn it off and you will be fine. Basically follow these instructions from
Apple:

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/System_Integrity_Protection_Guide/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection.html

...but use 'csrutil disable' instead of 'csrutil enable.'

You may want to read up on what it does before disabling it.

Tim

> On December 9, 2018 at 8:21 PM Lorenzo Ferri <lorenzo_fe...@rocketmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>         External Email - Use Caution
>

> > Dear Freesurfer expert
> >
> > I am trying to compute LGI with Mac OS. I am a beginner of FS.
> > I could connect free surfer  to Matlab path, but when I run LGI it generate
> > this error that i can not understand
> >
> > mris_fill -c -r 1 lh.pial
> > /Applications/freesurfer/subjects/bianchi/surf/tmp-mris_compute_lgi-lh.pial/lh.pial.filled.mgz
> > =================
> > reading surface from lh.pial...
> > dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___emutls_get_address
> >   Referenced from:
> > /Applications/freesurfer/bin/../lib/gcc/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
> >   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> >
> > dyld: Symbol not found: ___emutls_get_address
> >   Referenced from:
> > /Applications/freesurfer/bin/../lib/gcc/lib/libgomp.1.dylib
> >   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> >
> > Abort
> > ERROR: mris_fill -c -r 1 lh.pial
> > /Applications/freesurfer/subjects/bianchi/surf/tmp-mris_compute_lgi-lh.pial/lh.pial.filled.mgz
> >  failed!
> >
> > Any suggestions
> > Thanks
> >
> > Lorenzo

Dr. Tim Schäfer
Postdoc Computational Neuroimaging
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy
University Hospital Frankfurt, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Germany