External Email - Use Caution

Dear FreeSurfer experts,

I'm parsing data from FreeSurfer stats files, e.g.,
<subject>/stats/lh.aparc.stats and aseg.stats.

My question: when parsing measure lines, which combination of fields are
guaranteed to uniquely identify a measure? Here are two example lines (from
aparc.stats):

# Measure Cortex, NumVert, Number of Vertices, 140843, unitless
# Measure Cortex, WhiteSurfArea, White Surface Total Area, 94426.8, mm^2

If you ignore the line header part '# Measure ', each line consists of 5
fields. Is it, for example, safe to assume that the combination of the first 2
fields ("Cortex" + "NumVert" for the first example line) is unique?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

--
Dr. Tim Schäfer