Not sure what you are trying to do, but if you want to check the tal reg of a
typical analysis, you can run
tkregister2 --mov $SUBJECTS_DIR/fsaverage/mri/orig.mgz --targ
$SUBJECTS_DIR/subject/mri/orig.mgz --ixfm
$SUBJECTS_DIR/subject/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm -outxfm
$SUBJECTS_DIR/subject/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm --reg deleteme.reg
This gives the same thing as your tkregsiter2 command line. Maybe you can
customize it to your own result