External Email - Use Caution

The ALBA Language Neurobiology laboratory or the UCSF Memory and Aging
Center has an open postdoctoral position in cognitive neuroscience.

Directed by Dr. Maria Luisa Gorno Tempini, the ALBA lab conducts
cutting-edge research on the cognitive and neural correlates of language
and related cognitive functions across the life span. In particular,
neurodegenerative as well as neurodevelopmental disorders, including
frontotemporal dementia, primary progressive aphasia, and dyslexia, are
used as clinical models. The postdoctoral fellow will contribute to ongoing
experiments and pursue self-directed projects within the lab’s area of
investigation. Working closely with the current members of the team, he/she
will contribute to our empirical efforts to further our understanding of
the neurobiology of language.

The ideal candidate will have expertise in either cognitive neuroscience or
neuroimaging (in particular understanding of, and experience with, fMRI
data analysis). Excellent English (oral and written) and good communication
skills are necessary. Strong computational and programming skills are
preferred. Appropriate areas of doctoral training include, but are not
limited to, cognitive neuroscience, psychology, and computer science.

The successful candidate would join the multidisciplinary team of
world-class neurologists, neuropsychologists, speech-language pathologists,
engineers, and cognitive scientists working at the UCSF - Memory and Aging
Center, the largest cognitive and behavioral neurology center in the United
States. Cognitive neuroscience research will integrate our rich,
multidisciplinary datasets to study the cognitive, clinical, anatomical,
and neuropathological correlates of disease.

To apply, please send a cover letter, a CV, and 3 names of potential
references to elizabeth.w...@ucsf.edu

Informal inquiries are most welcome.
--
Maria Luisa Mandelli, PhD