External Email - Use Caution

Hi Freesurfer team,

I'm thinking of pre-skullstrip'ing my brains prior to being input into
FreeSurfer.

My fear was this information in the skull might be useful during
mri_robust_register or mri_robust_template for longitudinal analyses:

Martin discusses this in his Freesurfer workshop talk at 9 minutes in
(youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxJODPBLd3M&t=9m21s) where the
heatmap covers parts of the skull and the Freesurfer wiki which mentions
that the Tukey biweight will deweight regions of noise like tongue/eye/neck
differences.

But it appears the longitudinal stream registers everything on each
cross-sectional's norm.mgz to create the fused norm -- which is
skullstripped and missing neck/tongue/eyes/skull already.

Am I missing something? Is it alright if my T1.mgz, rawavg.mgz, orig.mgz,
etc. do not have a skull for longitudinal processing?

Thanks,
Adam