External Email - Use Caution

Hello Samer,

The git bash shell on Windows will not be sufficient to run
freesurfer programs on Windows.  Freesurfer is supported on CentOs Linux,
Ubuntu Linux and MacOS.  However, some folks use the Ubuntu
shell as supported on Windows 10.  This does work once setup in Windows
and after
some packages have been added to the Ubuntu image.  I have not used the
Ubuntu shell on Windows very much, but you can read about installing and
 using it via the links below.

- R.

http://www.techken.in/linux/how-to-run-gui-ubuntu-linux-in-windows-10/

https://christopher5106.github.io/admin/2018/02/02/configure-windows-10-for-ubuntu.html

                Samer Muhareb        September 24, 2019 at 13:37
          External Email - Use
Caution        Hello,
 am having trouble adding Freesurfer onto my PC. I have the program
downloaded, but when I attempt to input a command from the Freesurfer
program, it tells me that my command was not found.

This
 is my first time downloading a program to use in the command line
without it being done for me, so I am not super clear on how to go about
 solving this issue or may have missed a crucial step. I was suggested
to add the program onto the path but I am not really sure how to do
that.  Any ideas or suggestions will be very helpful!
I am using git bash on my windows, if that is helpful
Thanks for taking the time to look into this, it is greatly appreciated.
Best,Samer Muhareb